PDA

View Full Version : Best chance of repopulating BRISTLE WORM population?

hien.nguyen80
03/05/2007, 02:35 PM
Tank still in it's re-creation process... I don't see a single trace of bristle worms anymore.

What would be the best way to get these bad boys? Would it be livesand or live rocks?

Do people sell them individually? Haha. Thanks :)

Or more importantly, will they just reform now that I'm starting to do water changes and upkeeping my tank? (tank was left in shambles in the past... no water change in 1.5 years or so)

Thanks!

rustybucket145
03/05/2007, 02:55 PM
Just get some from a local reefer or LFS. I'm sure they would throw in a couple with a small purchase.

hien.nguyen80
03/05/2007, 06:57 PM

DaveJ
03/06/2007, 01:24 AM
I had a couple of 'incidents' that resulted in my LR and worm populations crashing, along with most of my other inhabitants. You can go several routes... introduce new pieces of LR, buy online from a supplier such as Inland Aquatics or IPSF or join a local club and ask a few members to fish some out for you from their systems. Depends on the amount of time you want to give them to come back and how much $ you have to spend on re-seeding.

musty baby
03/06/2007, 01:42 AM
Do you have a 6line wrasse?

Mine took my bristleworm population to zero. If you happen to have one (I have no idea) and it is the reason for your low populations your efforts will probably be in vain.

littlefish72
03/06/2007, 02:09 AM
get rid of any dottybacks, wrasses, arrow crabs, and any other possible bristleworm eating organism.......then just over feed the tank.........should work like a charm