PDA

View Full Version : AC 3 e-mail Alarms

johnlewis
03/05/2007, 04:27 PM
I have an AC 3 and I have checked the netsetup and the e-mail setup. I have ran the e-mail test, and receved the test e-mail message. However I do not receive any e-mail alarms. Has anyone else had this problem? I also have a float switch connected to the input connector on page 40, which switch should I reference? Which switches are on the serial connection?

johnlewis
03/06/2007, 07:46 PM
Curt answered my question and gave me some good info on troubleshooting the problems with e-mail alarms, now it working perfect.

Thanks Curt.

lvreefer
03/09/2007, 12:04 PM
Share...

clp
03/09/2007, 06:45 PM
This is probably what I sent him:

Hi,
- Set up the From, and To email addresses in the setup->net setup->email setup menu.
- Enter the smtp server (you will need to get this server from your ISP) into the setup->net setup->email setup->smtp server.
- Try a test email - if it does work follow the debug steps at the end of this email.
- Set the email alarm name in setup->net setup->email setup to the timer name you wish to use to signal an email alarm (typically ALM).
- Enter the conditions which will cause an email alarm in the ALM timer name. Something like:

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF
If Temp > 85.0 Then ALM ON
If Temp < 75.0 Then ALM ON
If pH > 8.50 Then ALM ON
If pH < 7.80 Then ALM ON

If emails are not working follow these steps to debug:

Telnet into the AquaController:
In the start -> run box of your PC type ‘telnet 192.168.1.50’ or whatever the IP address of your AquaController is.
Login to the AquaController.

At the AquaController prompt type:
cons
1 maild
mail

If you don’t understand the debug messages please send the log to me, and hopefully I can tell you what is going wrong.

Curt

johnlewis
03/09/2007, 07:44 PM
That it Curt, thanks again. I then saw it was a 502 error and turned off authentication.