PDA

View Full Version : sad crocea

WangoTANGo
03/05/2007, 05:00 PM
ive had my crocea for probably a year and a half and for the past week or so it hasnt fully opened. it is still responsive to quick motions and light changes. i noticed my bicolor blenny found a way to get underneath it (the rock is crater shaped and the clam is on the rim of the crater). i havent really noticed the blenny near it recently, and i checked to see if there was an aptasia near by, and i havent seen any pyramid snails, so im stumped. its done this before but only for like a day or so. i upgraded to 270w of T5 and all of my parameters are in line, sg: 1.026, pH 8.1, ammonia nitrate nitrite o, calcium a little high at like 500, i dont have the alkalinity numbers off the top of my head, but they're normal. any ideas? pinched mantle or what? fish are the bicolor blenny, 6-line wrasse, blue damsel, 3-stripe damsel.

-Justin

ezcompany
03/05/2007, 06:02 PM
alk and calcium are the most important params, please test and also post a picture of your clam. someonelse shud be able to tell u about the bicolor blenny.

WangoTANGo
03/05/2007, 07:15 PM
im well aware of the requirements for clams, and i have never had a serious problem with them, or with my water quality. ca is about 480-500, dKH is about 7.6ish. could be a little higher, but i wasnt home last weekend to dose b-ionic, but it hasnt been low since the clam stopped opening. i really dont think its a water quality problem as everything else is fine. i dont have any pics of just the clam but i have a full tank shot somewhere. ill see if i can find it.

-Justin