PDA

View Full Version : Glueing Acrylic? Euroreef Skimmer

paulhines
03/05/2007, 07:16 PM
Help! I was cleaning my Euroreef skimmer and the neck just separated from the body. I didn't even notice a glue line there, but there must have been one, since it's a clean break, right where the the tube starts to narrow prior to the collection cup.

Looks like I should be able to glue it back together with the right acrylic glue...

What is the right glue? Can I get it at Home Depot or Lowes?

I've never glued acrylic before, are there any tricks to it?

drummereef
03/05/2007, 08:10 PM
Why don't you contact Euro-Reef about it. They seem to be very loyal with customer complaints.

sabodish
03/05/2007, 08:27 PM
please let me know what you find out, i have the same problem for a month on an older 8-3.

cabowabo
03/05/2007, 08:55 PM
The glue to use is called Weldon 4 or Weldon 6. It should cost just under $ 10.00 for the small jar. you need to buy a needle nose applicator that you pour the liquid glue into to apply the glue to acrylic.
Home depot or lowes does not carry it. Find a plastic company. I get mine from Modern plastics in Rhode Island. Any plastics or acrylic store should have it.
I just fixed my ets skimmer with this stuff. It fuses the acrylic together.Works awsome. Dont worry, if you find this stuff you'll be able to fix it no problem. The neck of my skimmer broke off and it wasn't even a clean brake but fused it together no problem with no leaks at all. Weldon 16 is stronger but is more viscus and I didn't need it.

Good luck