PDA

View Full Version : Do all Devil's hand corals have large polyps? PICs

vijaym85
03/05/2007, 10:36 PM
Do all Devil's hand have large beautiful polyps like this one..

http://www.coralreefecosystems.com/images/lobophytum%20devils%20hand.jpg

Mine don't have any kind of polyp extension. They are just brown . been that way for 2 months now...I bought 3 of them and all 3 have no polyps at all, just "skin". Is this normal or what??

zoomfish1
03/05/2007, 10:40 PM
The polyps are extended on mine almost 24/7. They withdraw ever so often to shed, but other than that, pretty much like the picture.

What kind of flow and light do you have yours in? Water params OK?

vijaym85
03/05/2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks for responding,

I have a tunze wave box, I use a 400w MH 12k Reeflux Bulb.

The corals are from Liveaquaria, and they have always appeared the same way since day 1. No polyps just healthy brown color, nothing more. My params are ok, I mean I have others leathers like Toadstools and sinularia, Nepthea, chili, and all
of them show their polyps off. Just this particular coral does not. And whats odd is that all 3 seperate indiviuals are the same way.

The tank is a 30g and the light is 1.5 feet above the water. The corals are about mid to uper level. Should I lower them? Should I point them in even higher flow. The flow on the is pretty good as of now.

NanoReefWanabe
03/06/2007, 07:24 AM
i am currently haveing this asme problem with a kenya tree...that i have had for almost a month and it has yet to put out its polyps..