PDA

View Full Version : Great prices if you don't need an item quickly

zmazza
03/06/2007, 02:12 PM
Hey guys,

I recently ordered a 200 watt heater for a tank that I have. I wanted to get the heater as early as possible through ground shipping so I placed my order at 9:30am EST. That was yesterday. It's 3:00pm now and I still haven't received shipment confirmation and can't pull up the order number on their website.

The other order I placed last week went through really quickly. I'm not sure what's happened this time.

Great products and prices though, but just takes a little while to receive them.

dfs/la2
03/06/2007, 02:37 PM
zmazza,

We apologize that you have not received shipment confirmation for your order. If you could please PM us your customer information we will be happy to find the status of your order.

Orders shipped standard ground service will arrive between 4-7 business days.

Joyce F.
Drs. Foster & Smith
LiveAquaria

zmazza
03/06/2007, 02:41 PM
Thank you Joyce. I was just hoping it would ship as soon as possible, hence the reason I ordered so early in the morning. I was hoping that it might go out same day.

Thank you for your help. I'll PM you my information.

Thanks again,

Zac

GoingPostal
03/06/2007, 08:00 PM
Sorry but this post seems very nitpicky, you wanted it fast but were unwilling to pay for faster shipping? It's clearly states on their website that ground can take 7-10 days. I order everything from them and have only had two or three things not ship the next day which is much better than other places I have tried that take up to a week to ship.

zmazza
03/06/2007, 09:48 PM
Not trying to nit pick. Most places are able to ship out the same day if you order early enough. That's all I was wondering. Took two days just to process.

I know I only paid ground. I'm not trying to argue. Just tried to cut down on processing time is all.

Plus I finally figured it out. The computer just didn't send my tracking confirmation so it actually went out a bit earlier.

Drsfostersmith.com - What is the usual processing time? Just for future reference so I can know when to place my order to have the best idea on when I'll receive it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Zac

dfs/la2
03/07/2007, 08:36 AM
Zmazza,

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to explain our normal order processing time. For ground orders our goal is to have your order on its way to you in 12 hours or less. We do our best to authorize, shop, pack and ship your order within this time frame. Our shippers pick up your packages from our building several times a day Monday thru Friday. This internal goal of 12 hours is generally achieved throughout the year.

If you have further questions or would like updated information regarding your recent order please contact us.

Joyce F.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster & Smith
LiveAquaria

zmazza
03/07/2007, 02:17 PM
Thank you Joyce. That information helps greatly.