PDA

View Full Version : Closed Loop Protein Skimmer/Filtration

atoz1to4
03/07/2007, 08:39 AM
Dumb question from a rookie. I built my stand before I fully researched what I needed for filtration and I am running short on space for a sump large enough to include the protein skimmer. Does anyone make a protein skimmer that can go in the cabinet similar to a cannister type filter (self contained)? Tank is 72 g bowfront planning on a fowlr. I have been trying to figure out how to do the filtratation for the past year and a half. I would like to try and keep everything contained inside the cabinet so it is not visible on the outside. Suggestions or ideas would be well appreciated.

Thanks Charlie
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/9998272_Gal_Bowfront.jpg

davidryder
03/07/2007, 10:19 AM
Check out marinedepot.com and see if you can find a skimmer with the dimensions you need.

The AquaC EV-120 is farily small yet powerful (~21 inches). MRC's are huge. That's all I know off the top of my head.

dougchambers
03/07/2007, 10:37 AM
Nice cabinet work! Take a look at the EuroReef products too. We ran a EuroReef under our 75g in a 20g sump for years. We had the EuroReef, a small refugium, heater, and MAG9.5 in there without any problems.

-Doug

atoz1to4
03/07/2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the responses.