PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI Filter troubles

ricwilli
03/07/2007, 10:06 PM
I have a Typhoon lll ro/di filter and I just hooked it up. Is all of the canister supposed to be fill up when tap water run through it? All of the canister are fill but the canister with the di filter in it. There is just a little bit running through but it never fills up. The pure water is not comming out that strong. It stops than it starts. Is there something wrong with my filter?

boxfishpooalot
03/07/2007, 10:44 PM
I think thats normal. If your di goes like this( ----- ) then it will have an air gap. Whats the tds coming out of the exit?

ricwilli
03/07/2007, 10:49 PM
What do you mean "an air gap"? My tds readings are: from the fauset = 168, out to the drain = 234 and from the exit = 0

boxfishpooalot
03/07/2007, 10:52 PM
If the di is horizontal, it will have a slight air gap above the media. Its normal I think. 0 tds means everything is working great. Your good to go.

ricwilli
03/07/2007, 11:07 PM
Well my di is vertical and it is not filling up at all. This thing waste to much water.

Colin
03/08/2007, 05:08 AM
It's fine. Unless there is a lot of pressure (like from a pressurized storage tank), the DI carts won't fill up all the way. The water is pulled up through the center of the cartridges.

--Colin

AZDesertRat
03/08/2007, 07:20 AM
What you are seeing is normal, the water travels up through the center of the cartridge unseen.

Buckeye Hydro
03/09/2007, 04:06 AM
If you'd like that DI housing to fill all the way:
1. While the system is running, unsrew the DI housing about 1/4 turn - just enough to break the seal at the oring at the top of the housing.
2. You'll see the water level start to rise as the water displaces the air.
3. Just before the water level reaches the oring, cinch the housing tight.

Russ @ BFS

melev
03/09/2007, 04:17 AM
In my experience, new DI cartridges can take up to 10 days to stay full while producing water. Don't worry, because the water is going THROUGH the media to get out.

Slow production is normal if where you live the water is very cold. Your location wasn't listed.

After this break-in period, you'll see the DI staying full all the time, even when you make water.