PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping fish

Annie world
03/09/2007, 05:28 AM
Funny, i know that clowns sleep but never thought Royal Grammas sleep:cool: VERY COOL, please add your own sleeping fish to this thread:D

steri
03/09/2007, 09:24 AM
Most of my fish sleep at night. It's very interesting. They all have their little spot in the tank.

My 2 Firefish go into a rock/cave as soon as the lights go out and stay there til the lights come back on again.

My Blue tang sleeps leaning in between two rocks to keep himself upright. It's funny though. He's starting to grow too big for his spot and he knows it. It's funny to watch.

Both of my angels sleep in two seperate caves, and my clowns sleep right next to a powerhead.

All the fish go to the exact same spot every night. It's very cool and interesting to watch. As long as they're happy right :D

keinreis
03/09/2007, 10:15 AM
I had a foxface that used to sleep by my old maxi 1200's, and after switchinig to tunze he kept sleeping there, and after a few times of thaqt and he learned that sleeping close to them equaled eventual death. I peeled him off them 3 days in a row, and then the 4th he didn't survive. He was fine after the first 2 times, but then he started to get too beat up from it.

Gundo5000
03/09/2007, 11:29 AM
My blue tang also sleeps upwards. He's funny. :D

kaihonu82
03/09/2007, 01:06 PM
my clowns sleep together in the front corner of my tank, down on the sand. they even moved a lot of the sand out of the way so they're really low

my angel sleeps in the back of my tank in between some rocks..he goes to bed really early, as soon as the lights go off i the tank, even if there is still light in the room, he's out for the night

my goby has several rock dwellings that he sleeps in. i wonder what makes him choose between them all..heh

BadKharma1
03/09/2007, 01:24 PM
Ive got an Indonesian A;gae Eating Blenny that has his own lil spot cleared out to the glass in the LR, don't know if hes sleeping or not but he sure can be lazy and just lays around in there. Other times hes a dynamo of algae eating energy.

Kanicky
03/09/2007, 03:28 PM
My two false percs used to sleep in a little sand bed (literally) until we added the Pygmy Angel and the Goby- now they sleep next to a PH.

The Pygmy Angel retreats for her cave as soon as the moon-light comes on.

The sand-sifting goby will go in a few various caves, but most recently, a cute-looking cave up front that resembles a gnome's hat :D

Scoobydude825
03/09/2007, 03:43 PM
My bicolor pseudocromis sleeps inside on of my live rocks. He goes into his cave exactly 20 minutes before the lights go out. Well maybe not exactly but pretty close.

Annie world
03/10/2007, 02:52 AM
too cute, thought my royal was a goner, but was just sleeping in LR....I even tried to nudge her, she just rolled over..haha:D

Reno Reef
03/10/2007, 05:35 AM
My clowns sleep in my xenia. My girlfriend calls the xenia the clown fish hammock. They literally get supported and dont move and just let the stocks of the xenia hold them... its cool

slant77
03/10/2007, 09:52 AM
My clown sleeps at the top of my tank in the back the corner my puple fire fish hides in a cave and my diamond goby hides in cave that he back fills so hes same.

lifesworksataol
03/10/2007, 11:25 AM
my clowns sleep in this hairy mushroom rock i have and some times i come in there at night and they peak there heads out just a little to see what iam doing - then they go back in to sleep

FLReefGirl
03/10/2007, 02:57 PM
all my fish sleep in the same spot every night too.
my hippo tang squeezes himself sideways between 2 rocks as soon as the lights go out and he stays there until they come back on. my royal gramma sleeps in a hole upside down. you look in there and all you see is tail. my black damsel and my 2 false perc clowns sleep in the same anemone together, now that's funny to watch them all try to squeeze in.

alzika
03/10/2007, 05:24 PM
One of my clowns sleeps laying sideways on the sand. My blue tang slept wedged in a rock before he died, and my 3 stripe damsel sleeps inside a rock, which he guards furiously.