PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Issues-Need Advice

Willie_6
03/09/2007, 02:32 PM
I have a calurpa infestation in my tank. I have been trying to pull it out. I am thinking of getting a fox face to deal with it. Anyone know if they do a good job?

I have an aptasia infestation. I bought a peppermint shrimp and he does not seem to be doing the trick. Joe's Juice and like products seem to grow more of them. What should I do? More peppermints?

Please advise.

yakfishin
03/09/2007, 03:42 PM
For your aiptasia problem, make sure you get the true peppermint shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni), and yes I would get a couple just in case one doesn't particulary have a taste for aiptasia. Camelback shrimp are also sometimes labeled as peppermints, and look very similair, but they won't eat aiptsia. I had about 4-6 aiptasia on my live rock that I could see we I first set my tank up and purchased 3 pepps and by the end of the week could not find a single aiptasia remaining. Never actually saw the shrimp eating the aiptasia, but I'm sure they didn't disappear on their own...and I have never seen another one since. However, my later added moray had a taste for pepps! My fox face eats every kind of algae other than hair algae, but he would probably eat that as well if I didn't feed him for a day or two. I would certainly think one would mow down the calupra, but nothing in this hobby ever seems to be guaranteed except the expense!

zoomfish1
03/09/2007, 03:47 PM
Only thing I have found that works every time on aptaisa is inject with vinegar.

Willie_6
03/09/2007, 04:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9437501#post9437501 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zoomfish1
Only thing I have found that works every time on aptaisa is inject with vinegar.

I think I have too many to inject with vinegar. It may change my parameters.

djs819
03/09/2007, 04:32 PM
I use Boiling water in a syringe. Its fun to watch em disappear (hopefully screaming). I really dislike the buggers!

David

Willie_6
03/09/2007, 08:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9437824#post9437824 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by djs819
I use Boiling water in a syringe. Its fun to watch em disappear (hopefully screaming). I really dislike the buggers!

David

That works?