PDA

View Full Version : Finally - My first Stream!! for the new 90 reef!!

figuerres
03/10/2007, 10:19 AM
It's x-mas all over again.... :D

Single controler and a 6000 for now, then later I plan on adding a second 6000 and a new controler for them.

perhaps a few comments and photos later....

----------------------
Roger -- Now I can *REALLY* check on that pinout ;)

figuerres
03/10/2007, 07:25 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/1/1255090withtunze-med.jpg

Nice.... fish and corals seem to like it :D

macawdad2003
03/10/2007, 08:07 PM
Nice tank :)

Where did you get your 6000? I just picked up a second today with the multi-controller at Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff in Oldsmar, FL. Wonder if you were in the shop the same time I was :)

I said the same thing to the guy at the shop. Felt like Christmas all over again! Grats on your new stream! And the tank's looking good.

Matt

slant77
03/10/2007, 08:44 PM
Nice looking tank. I just received my second 6000 for my 90 on friday it will be going in the tank on sunday.

figuerres
03/11/2007, 06:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9446100#post9446100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by macawdad2003
Nice tank :)

Where did you get your 6000? I just picked up a second today with the multi-controller at Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff in Oldsmar, FL. Wonder if you were in the shop the same time I was :)

I said the same thing to the guy at the shop. Felt like Christmas all over again! Grats on your new stream! And the tank's looking good.

Matt

this was an online order from premium aquatics.

I have seen the oldsmar store listed on the tunze web site but one day when I had time to call them they were closed. with my work load I don't have time to see who has what so I do a lot of on-line ordering.

how *IS* that store ?
when I have passed by it it looked small from the road going by.

I have been to Marine warehouse many times, but they do not carry Tunze :( may have to talk to one of the managers there and see if they will try it out :)

as for the tank, it's just gettin started really....
I had a 55 from about 2002 till mid dec of 2006 when I had the cash to get a total upgrade :D
my old 55 wen to a tampa area highschool to help the younger folks out, I think more folks should donate to the schools in place of selling old gear, a lot of stuff will not sell for much and teachers have a hard time trying to buy reef gear on school budegts.

before the 55 I had a FO tank back in the early 80's for a while and some fresh tanks, the FO was a 37 long with a lion -- I was in the USAF at the time so when I had to move he was sold back to the LFS and was about 2x as big as when I got him !

the green chromis like the flow but some fire gobies seem a bit put off at the moment...

one came out this am and when the tunze pushed a stong jet he went in the rocks like the devil was after him ... :D
I hope they will realize it's "OK" just a pulse of water :)
the big gorgonians are from tampabaysaltwater live rock,
the ones at each end that are golden colored started as buds on my rock when I got it around 2003.
the right hand thin one is a purple one that came at the same time as the center one with some rock I added -- also tbs rock
all the sand is also tbs so my "base" is Gulf / forida stuff.

there is other stuff but had to make out in that photo...

some early stages of this are on my web site:
http://www.figuerres.com/albums.aspx
all the "New 90" stuff...

soon I will have to post new photos there -- things have improved a bit and I have not posted recently.
-- to much to do -- !!!

macawdad2003
03/11/2007, 08:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9448271#post9448271 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by figuerres

I have seen the oldsmar store listed on the tunze web site but one day when I had time to call them they were closed. with my work load I don't have time to see who has what so I do a lot of on-line ordering.

how *IS* that store ?
when I have passed by it it looked small from the road going by.

The store is very nice. I thought the same thing after driving an hour and a half only and pulled in the parkinglot. It looked small. However, they had a huge selection of Corals and Clams. Something my LFS does not.

The had several Tunze products on the shelf and the staff was very pleasant even though they were being pulled in several directions from all the people in the store.

I heard them offer good advice to people considering starting the hobby. They didn't seem to be there for the quick sale. I will make that drive again because I felt welcome (and a great coral selection :) .)

I have never been to Marine Warehouse, but Fish & Other Icthy Stuff will see me back.

figuerres
03/11/2007, 10:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9448535#post9448535 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by macawdad2003
The store is very nice. I thought the same thing after driving an hour and a half only and pulled in the parkinglot. It looked small. However, they had a huge selection of Corals and Clams. Something my LFS does not.

The had several Tunze products on the shelf and the staff was very pleasant even though they were being pulled in several directions from all the people in the store.

I heard them offer good advice to people considering starting the hobby. They didn't seem to be there for the quick sale. I will make that drive again because I felt welcome (and a great coral selection :) .)

I have never been to Marine Warehouse, but Fish & Other Icthy Stuff will see me back.

thanks for the info! Guess I gotta stop in and see it, and buy some stuff :D

I half way expected they would order Tunze items -- but if they stock some things that's GREAT!

that was a 90 minute drive for you? wow!
(I live on Countryway between racetrack and linbaugh so I am almost in oldsmar. Marine Warehouse is on Hillsbrough - 8021 W.
like heading to the tampa airport.
big store, lots of stuff.... good folks there they sold me the tank,stand,sump, lights and other stuff I have, they delivered the tank, stand and some other stuff when I wanted it in december.

but no Tunze!

thanks again!

PS: later I will post a picture of a lobo I have, before the tunze it *NEVER* really expanded during the day... now it's looking *SO MUCH BETTER* :D

I expected some good things but not in hours!

macawdad2003
03/11/2007, 10:59 AM
They had lots of streams, controllers, magnets, some 6045 nanostreams.. They even had a couple osmolators.

I love the flow pattern of the 6000. Grats on yours!

I'll have to head over to marine warehouse one day soon..

rvitko
03/12/2007, 09:37 AM
I can only tell you from speaking with John on the phone (owner of Fish and Other Ichthy stuff) he must run a good business. He seems very knowledgable and while he seems a bit hard edged, it is because he is concerned for the well being of both the animals and the customers in the long term. I would check him out.

figuerres
03/12/2007, 11:38 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9455916#post9455916 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rvitko
I can only tell you from speaking with John on the phone (owner of Fish and Other Ichthy stuff) he must run a good business. He seems very knowledgable and while he seems a bit hard edged, it is because he is concerned for the well being of both the animals and the customers in the long term. I would check him out.

thanks for the info....