PDA

View Full Version : Temp/Level Module

Arforrabbit
03/11/2007, 04:44 PM
I'm running a temp/level module with two temperature probes attached (one for the sump and one for the tank). When I try to view the stored data I have no problem with one probe but the second one errors with the message:

"Unable to retrieve data stored by sensor - error code 4"

I've swapped sensors and the error appeared to be in the module but having tried a second module I'm still experiencing the same problem. The only conclusion I can come to is that the module is unable to handle two temperature sensors. Can anyone shed any light?

RobbyG
03/11/2007, 10:23 PM
Have you tried plugging one in the powerbar and one in the Module?
I don't remember anybody else saying they use two temp probes but from what AQ has said I think it should work with much more than two.

Arforrabbit
03/12/2007, 02:16 PM
I'm using one controller to look after two systems and I've got three temperature probes and two level sensors covering them. The probe in the sps sump is monitoring my heaters and the probe in the sps tank controls a chiller unit and shuts down the lighting in the event of a very hot room. The third probe is monitoring the soft tank.

I would email Aquatronica directly but in my experience with their tech support I don't expect a reply from them (thats my biggest frustration with them at the moment). It really does look like a limitation in the unit rather than a fault. Shame. Maybe I should be adding camments to the wish list.

Thanks for the thoughts though RobbieG

RobbyG
03/12/2007, 05:06 PM
email: [email protected] and address it to Derek.
He always replies within 24 hours.

gigiba
03/21/2007, 12:31 PM
any update on this?

I bought another temp probe from a RC member and I am getting the same error message.
The difference is I plugged the probe directly to the powerbar. I have two powerbars #1 and #2. #1 works fine, but #2 get that error message. I am wondering if it is the powerbar.
This is only happened on the temp probe. I have a PH interface on powerbar #2 and it is working fine with graph function.

The reading on the probe is at 80.4F. So, the probe is good.