PDA

View Full Version : Help! Toadstool not looking good

Tazz11
03/11/2007, 07:17 PM
I have had my Toadstool in the same spot for approx 4-5 months now and it has always looked great. The last couple of days it has leaned over to the point where it is almost touching the sand bed, but is still showing polyps. The top is only about 4 Inches across but when standing it stands approx 8-10 inches from the sand bed. I wouldn't think that wouldn't be to much for it to hold up on it's own, but not sure.

All params test out fine as of about 1 hour prior to this post and all other corals in the tank are doing well. Those include two brains severals colonies of Zoos Frogspawn Hammer coral and even a large BTA. please help if you can I don't want to see this coral die if I can help it

Thanks in advance,

Tazz

Tazz11
03/12/2007, 05:51 PM
Anyone?

55semireef
03/12/2007, 08:15 PM
Can I see a picture of it? By your description, it seems like it was getting top heavy and it couldn't support itself anymore but I could be wrong. A good picture would help.

cateyes
03/13/2007, 11:20 AM
i had one to do the same thing. my clowns were trying to host in it and they were being way to rough on it. i had to move it to another tank and it perked right up... is anything harassing it?

samherston
03/13/2007, 11:22 AM
I would try to support it a little better so that it will stand up again.. sometimes they get to heavy and can fall over, so try and use a rock or someing in front of it and reposition it and see how that works out for you.

jpeggerling
03/13/2007, 05:43 PM
Leathers shed. About once every couple of months mine will shrivel up and the polyps wont even come out. Then It will come out and look bigger and brighter. I wouldnt worry about it.

Tazz11
03/13/2007, 05:51 PM
thanks to all for your replies over the last couple of days it seems to be picking itself back up again. I am attaching a pic let me know what you all think.

Thanks Again,

Tazz

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g266/sdbetyeman/Toadstool2007003.jpg

cateyes
03/14/2007, 06:58 AM
it deffinitly doesn't appear to be top heavy.. hopefully it will come around for you... :)

kathainbowen
03/14/2007, 07:46 AM
Are those GSP hanging around the bottom of the toadstool? Maybe you should try eradicating them and see if that helps?

That, and there appears to be something on the base of the leather, but the picture is a bit fuzzy there. Could it be a bit of cyano or possible an aiptasia of some form? If so, get that off the base of the leather and things should look up- try using a turkey basters if its cyano or algae.

Or, maybe, it's just being weird. XD

G'luck!

Tazz11
03/14/2007, 08:07 PM
Those are GSP, what you can't see is that there is actually a smaller Toadstool on the other side of the larger one and they both came the way you see them, with the GSP's wrapped around them both. Have not had any Problems leading up to this past week. I'll see if its possible to get them unwrapped from the base of the Two Toadstools and let you know what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tazz

edsimmons
03/15/2007, 10:29 AM
What kind of lighting do you have?Maybe low light levels caused it to strech up toward the light and then flop over?

Tazz11
03/15/2007, 08:30 PM
I'm running 2- 14K halides and Actinics don't think light is the problem, have several other corals that are more light sensitive and they are doing fine. Thanks for the input though.