PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with Oceanic "Reef Ready" aquariums

stixx
03/12/2007, 12:15 PM
Hewo dare - Im sure this is a simple question, but for those of you with Oceanics Reef Ready, how do you adjust the "inlet" tube that sits in the overflow? Basically you can lengthen or shorten this tube but I have no idea what "setting" is best.

Thx

pjf
03/12/2007, 01:02 PM
The air inlet on top of the overflow tube should be just below the top of the tank. This will allow the tube to clear the optional glass cover over the aquarium.

If the tube is set lower, there will be more overflow noise from water dropping a longer vertical distance. If the tube is set higher, it may be unsightly. If the tube is set too high, it will raise the tank water level.

stixx
03/12/2007, 01:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9457499#post9457499 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pjf
If the tube is set too high, it will raise the tank water level.
This is exactly where I was going with my original question. Can I basically adjust the tank water level by adjusting the inlet piping up/down?

d4a2n0k
03/12/2007, 01:32 PM
The water level in the tank will only go as low as the top of the skimmer box. The water in the overflow box should be about an inch or so below the water level in the tank. If you lower the standpipe too low, it will sound like rushing water because the water has to fall that much more.