PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Installation Costs

vegaskid11
03/12/2007, 04:34 PM
I am hoping that this thread finds some electrical proffesionals here on RC. I just got an estimate for my electrical needs on my new fish room. This is what I have. What do you think of the costs?

Rework main panel for new 70 amp breaker. Run new line with 1.5" conduit 120' for new 35 amp subpanel in fish room. New line will have has 4 90Deg turns. The line will be external and attached to the underside of the eave of the house. Run approx 30 outlets in new fish room and new laundry room connected to fish room. 26 outlets are in the fish room and are spaced throughout one wall the stand and the ceiling of my 7' x 12' fish room. I will have switches to control the wall and ceiling outlets and a few additional hot outlets in my control box. Other 4-5 outlets are spaced in laundry area approx 15-20' from new sub panel which again is in the fish room.

I was quoted $1600.00. He said it was 700 in material and 900 for the labor. and I provide the new sub-panel and half the outlets (cause I already have them).

Does this sound good? Damn this 300 in wall just got way more expensive. What do you guys think?