PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my Leathers

tprize
03/12/2007, 06:01 PM
So I had a couple of leather frags, and they were doing just fine under pc lighting. They had a nice brown look to them one was a dark brown the other a light brown. I got a new light with MH and T-5's And now about 3 month's later, they are pure white. They still open and close, and look normal physically but they are both pure white. Please let me know what is going on.

drummereef
03/13/2007, 12:22 AM
Sounds like light bleaching. Did you acclimate them to the new, more intense, lighting?

michaeldaly
03/13/2007, 11:45 AM
Definitely sounds like bleaching,

GreyHawk1968
03/13/2007, 01:18 PM
They bleached out. Give them time and cut down the light intensity on them till they acclimate. I use the plastic knitting sheets you can pic up at WalMart or any craft store. Put on as many layers of them as you think you need and then as the days go by pull one sheet off till they are all gone.
Your leathers have expeled all their zoo for the time being ,they will reacquire zoo as they become accustomed to the new light .
I have a colt that turned ghost white when I changed to MH lights and it has since returned to it's original color.
Just keep an eye out for deteration of the skin . If they are still coming out to feed and all else seems ok it's just a matter of time .