PDA

View Full Version : Camera

Randy1
03/12/2007, 06:30 PM
What is a good camera for taking pictures of our reef tank? Hopefully, one that dosn't break the bank.

tamtambaby
03/13/2007, 08:11 AM
what's your budget?
A DSLR + MARCO LENS is a perfect match!

Randy1
03/14/2007, 09:01 PM
Whats DSLR please? Budget?? I guess around 400.

Rosseau
03/15/2007, 07:51 AM
Google DSLR may be your best option at this point.

VoidRaven
03/15/2007, 08:42 AM
Around $400? What else would you like to do with the camera? (other shots you would take?)

For that price point I like the "advanced digital camera" catagory...namely, my two favorite recommendations for cameras in this catagory and price-point are the Canon S3 IS and the Fuji FinePix S9100. Both can be found at www.bhphotovideo.com

Looks like you are not too far from me either. You could consider heading over to Loomis Camera in Elyria to look at some cameras there. They might even have some used cameras for sale. They are good people to talk with for lots of technical questions.

Oh, and DSLR stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex camera (I think...did I get that right folks? I'm never sure on the "R") Basically, cameras that you can switch out lenses on. For many they are more of an investment and for folks who plan of getting deeper into photography than just snapshots. Unfortunately $400 will not get you much in the DSLR market.

Randy1
03/15/2007, 08:46 AM
Ok. Thanks neighbor. Maybe we can see each other tanks sometime.