PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish Sick?

dbartkow
03/13/2007, 07:07 PM
I have had a clown in QT under hypo now for about 4 1/2 weeks. I have seen no signs of any ich or anything else throughout this period. I was going to start raising the salinity up when I just noticed these marks on the clowns face. It almost looks as if his stripe was scratched off. :confused:

I am not sure what it is and was hoping someone could help out. I don't want to move him to my display tank until I am confident there it isn't anything that can contaminate it.

Here is a very poor picture of it. The red-eye is caused by the flash. So don't worry about that. But any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.quilledcreations.com/pictures/clownspots2.jpg

Thanks,
Dave

dbartkow
03/14/2007, 05:54 AM
Just a little more info here. The clown is in a 20 gallon QT tank with nothing but a yellow clown goby and a bunch of pvc tubes. Ammonia & Nitrites are 0. pH is a little low - about 7.95

I appreciate any info or comments.

Thanks,
Dave

r0bin
03/14/2007, 06:29 AM
My first guess is it looks like it has scratched or rubbed up againtst something and slightly damaged itself. Or maybe something fell in the tank and hit it on the way down. Do you have rock in the tank? I would leave it in there another week and see if it heals or gets worse. Also its very possibly him and the clown goby scrapped a little and its damage from that. I think it will heal. Just watch out for a bacterial infection though.