PDA

View Full Version : How do green clown gobies fair?

FLricordia
03/13/2007, 07:58 PM
I have heard that yellow clown gobies sometimes don't do to well with feeding and I was wondering if the same applies to green clown gobies. Do they feed well? What is the best foods to get them started? Thanks

sltloser
03/14/2007, 12:36 PM
I have one green clown goby in my 75 with many agressive eaters...yellow tang, hippo tang, flame angel, firefish, chromis lawnmower blenny, etc. haha and he does great when its feeding time and i pour the food in he waits perched on the live rock and darts out for the brinshrimp then back to his perch waiting for the next piece to come close enough to eat.....i feed mine brine and flake food he seems to like both and has been doing great for about eight months now

ClamIAm
03/14/2007, 03:47 PM
My oldest living fish is a green clown goby so they certainly can live for a while. I've probably had mine for 3 years. Mine eats flakes, live brine, frozen mysis, basically whatever.

karid
03/14/2007, 04:11 PM
I've had yellow and green and both ate extremely well and held their own against more agressive feeders. They both ate Formula Two flake, frozen (Emerald Food and Marine Cuisine), and pellet.

mc-cro
03/14/2007, 04:28 PM
I have had my green clown goby for about 5yrs. He has no problem eating. they are small enough and quick enough to get in there with the aggresive feeders and hold their own.

fwiw, over on the sps forums, they claim the clown goby is notorious for taking bites out of corals, basically eating the polyps.
I have never seen this, but several of them have claimed to have had a problem and removed the clown goby.

GSMguy
03/14/2007, 05:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9476513#post9476513 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mc-cro
I have had my green clown goby for about 5yrs. He has no problem eating. they are small enough and quick enough to get in there with the aggresive feeders and hold their own.

fwiw, over on the sps forums, they claim the clown goby is notorious for taking bites out of corals, basically eating the polyps.
I have never seen this, but several of them have claimed to have had a problem and removed the clown goby.

i am one of them
ive had yellow green and red ones they are cool fish but they are not sps safe and i would worry about some LPS as well. Thing was eating polyps offf my corals like they were potatoe chips

FLricordia
03/14/2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks all. I picked one up at the LRS but I had some missgivings as it was real thin. Sure enough it was dead next day. I have a few other fish, 6-line and pair of yellow watchmans and they are long term healthy and tank parameters are good. I have many rics and zoos and they are flourishing. I went back to the LRS and there was one still alive, but it didn't look to good so I didn't get it as credit. Maybe bad shipping? Are these sometimnes collected cyanide fashion? Thanks again.

ClamIAm
03/14/2007, 10:46 PM
Not sure why, but I've heard that they aren't the best shippers which is why they aren't as common.