PDA

View Full Version : Defective 6025s

apache73
03/14/2007, 05:39 PM
Hello Roger,

I recently PM'd you about replacing a defective 6025. This will be the second replacement of the two I originally bought from PA. Now the first replacement pump won't self start without me having to reach into my tank and budge the impellor. So the tally comes to three pumps and all three have been bad. The first two made constant nerve racking noise. I have replaced one and am waiting inventory to replace the second. In the mean time The first replacement has gone bad.

These pumps aren't cheap and I bought the Tunze brand because they are supposed to be reliable.

I realize that there is always a teething pain process with a new product. At any rate I notice the same complaints with these pumps, noise, non-starting, and reverse-flow. Any fixes for this in the near future?

BTW, I now have two pumps that need replacing. One of my originals and now one of my replacements.

Thanks for listening to the rant.

Greg

rvitko
03/15/2007, 09:07 AM
We just got in the new ones, the only replacements I had at the time were from the original production so they would have been prone to the same problems. The new ones have a much tighter fit to the shaft and the drive unit is also a better fit, the 6045 was built with this tighter fitting shaft from the start and problems with the 6045 have been rare. PM me an address and I will send replacement motors.