PDA

View Full Version : Supper Skimmer question

arkidean
03/15/2007, 09:42 AM
I have a Supper Skimmer by Coralife, When I ran my skimmer for the first time ast night it started to do the tornado effect where the water spins in the canister. Well after about 5 minutes is stopped doing that and it started to overflow in the collection cup. IS this normal? and how long will this go on for before it starts to actually work? or is my unit deffective lol witch would just be my luck.

My Skimmer is inside of my megaflow sump 125 gallon.

juniormc8704
03/15/2007, 09:48 AM
there are control knobs on the the unit. the first is right above the pump, its gray and you want it to pointing straight up and down. the second is the red knob on the top. use the red one is the water level adjustment knob. adjust this back and forth untill your microbubbles are 1/4 inch into the cone for a dry foam (less volume, more concentrated) or about 3/4 inch for a wet foam (more volume, less concentrated). I have the SS 65, and it works fantastic. also look in this forum for the super skimmer mods, it involves taking the pump apart and wrapping fishing line around the needlewheel to break larger bubbles down and created a more dense foam.

HTH

Paul

schristi69
03/15/2007, 03:39 PM
And make sure your pump is no more that 4-6 inches below the water surface

jmack
03/15/2007, 03:54 PM
Check your airline make sure nothing is blocking it; mine was clogged w/salt deposits and I had no bubbles in the canister or funnel.

Joshua1023
03/16/2007, 07:46 AM
I must assume that w/ a 125gl sump that you have a CSS220. Correct? You should probrably take it out and run it on a bucket of warm water for a day or so to get all the oils and such from manufacturing off of it. I have my pump set so that it is as close to the water surface as possible without creating a vortex. Turn the knob back until the bubbles barely come to the neck of the skimmer and leave it be for a day of so. Also you have to watch how far into the bubble diffuser box you have your output hose. you want it kind of suspended about an inch or so above the white floss that is in there.hth