PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Masking and Pin's ?'s

RichT
03/15/2007, 11:33 AM
Advice: When removing stubborn paper masking from acrylic sheets, make it damp first. Comes off much easier.

Questions: Is there anyway to reduce the amount of static electricity when removing the plastic (cellophane like) masking? What a PITA.

Also, I've been using the thin E guitar string as pins when bonding. What are some of the things others are using?

Acrylics
03/15/2007, 12:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9483493#post9483493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichT
Advice: When removing stubborn paper masking from acrylic sheets, make it damp first. Comes off much easier.

Questions: Is there anyway to reduce the amount of static electricity when removing the plastic (cellophane like) masking? What a PITA. Blow deionized air on it. Either with a deionizer or those cans of air people use to clean off computer parts.
Also, I've been using the thin E guitar string as pins when bonding. What are some of the things others are using? I use twist-ties for the larger wires, just strip off the paper. For thinner stuff, I use .009" malleable stainless wire, you can get it a Small Parts, Inc.

HTH,
James