PDA

View Full Version : What to feed softies

loves saltwater
03/15/2007, 07:08 PM
The livestock will be mainly zoo's and frogspawn.they are new frags now and I would like to know what to feed them and if they should be target fed or just in the water column

sir_dudeguy
03/15/2007, 07:22 PM
I've got lots of softies (mostly leathers, but various others as well, zoas being one of them) and i've got a couple lps and sps, and i dont spot feed anything. They all just get food when i feed the fish (or i should say when i feed the tank :) )

The frogspawn will take mysis and other meaty stuff, and so will the zoas sometimes, but really not needed.

drummereef
03/15/2007, 11:56 PM
I don't feed anything but light and fish poopy. All my softies are doing quite well. ;)

michaeldaly
03/16/2007, 01:54 PM
The frogspawn will take some mysis as mentioned, the LPS coral forum will have more details on that though.

eddie c
03/18/2007, 04:40 PM
i never spot feed any of my corals and they all grow quite well.

plummike
03/18/2007, 07:07 PM
I feed my whole tank. I know the Zoas filter fish waste from the water. I feed my reef a variety: Phyto, Oyster eggs, Cyclopeeze, and even reef chili.
I sort of look at feeding my corals as feeding all the critters, pods, crabs, shrimp, as they all eat and work together. They need each other.
Sun- Phyto and Cyclo
Tues-Phyto and Reef Chili
Thurs-Oyster eggs and Cyclo
Sat (after water change) Oyster eggs and Phyto
Seems to work pretty well for me