PDA

View Full Version : Problem Updating ACjr Firmware w/serial port!

drummereef
03/17/2007, 02:16 PM
I followed the 'read me' file instructions to a tee, I thought.

Downloaded the file and extracted it to the c:\aquajr directory
Typed cd c:\aquajr into the cmd prompt and pressed enter
Rebooted the ACjr into the Loader screen
Typed jrupdate aquajrser.enc –COM1 on the cmd prompt, pressed enter, and got this error message:

"c:\aquajr is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

What the heck? :confused:

goreefer
03/17/2007, 03:59 PM
I just had the same problem.
I emailed Neptune to see what I am doing incorrectly.
I'll post their response.
Any one else know if there is a fix?
Thanks in advance!

drummereef
03/17/2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I tried to call this morning. He's obviously not in the office on Sat. :D

goreefer
03/17/2007, 04:08 PM
I suspect that we will find out on monday. After all it is the weekend. I take off on the weekends too.

hopkisag1
03/17/2007, 10:50 PM
Try typing in jrupdate.exe aquajrser.enc –COM1

You have to add the .exe after jrupdate or windows will not understand the syntax.

goreefer
03/18/2007, 08:30 AM
Still a no go, but thank you.

drummereef
03/18/2007, 08:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9504912#post9504912 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by goreefer
Still a no go, but thank you.

I think I may have found the problem, goreefer. When you extract the files to c:\aquajr it creates a subfolder where the files actually are. The files must be in the root c:\aquajr folder and not in any sub folders so the update can find it. Go in your c:\ drive and find the aquajr folder open it and see if there is a subfolder before you get to the exe files. If there is, then drag the files out to the desktop, delete the subfolder, then drag the files back into the root c:\aquajr folder.

I'm going to try this today and see if it works. I'm betting it does.

goreefer
03/18/2007, 09:27 AM
drummereef,
You figured it out!
I looked at the folder, and the update was in a sub-folder.
I simply copied and pasted it into the main aquajr folder and it is loading now.
Thank you!

drummereef
03/18/2007, 04:54 PM
Yep, worked like a charm. Just did the update and all is good. Glad it worked for you too, goreefer. :thumbsup: :D