PDA

View Full Version : Wiring VHO end cap question

dolph
03/18/2007, 12:32 AM
I have a retrofit vho kit and have a question regarding wiring of the end caps.

The end caps have a rubber piece on the bottom and both are connected by two screws. The two screws then connect the end cap to the plastic mount which is then screwed into the canopy, fixture, or wooden blocks with two more screws to support the bulbs.
My question is where do the wires go? Are they placed between the rubber piece and the screws or between the end caps and the rubber piece?
Though there are many ways to make the connections I assume there is only one correct way. Below I list three possibilities form the likeliest to the least likely.
1. The likeliest connection is end cap --> wire ---> rubber piece ---> plastic mount ---> screws.

2. End cap ---> rubber piece ---> wire ---> plastic mount ---> screws.

3. The least likely is end cap ---> rubber piece ---> plastic mount ---> wire ---> screws.

Which is the correct connection?

mc-cro
03/18/2007, 07:30 AM
I actuall drilled a small hole through the wood that I mounted the endcap to. the wires should not be pinched inbetween parts.
seal the whole with silicone when your finished.

chase33
03/18/2007, 11:52 AM
Ok. I now see how they are connected. The wood pieces are already connected to the canopy so now I must figure out a way to cut the holes into them without taking them off.

Thanks for your help.

dolph
03/18/2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks MC

BruiseAndy
03/18/2007, 01:39 PM
Right angle drill attatchment from harbor freight may help drill holes.