PDA

View Full Version : molly update

unclesalty
03/18/2007, 08:00 AM
Here's my molly experience. I added a mated pair of dalmation mollies 4 weeks ago. I acclimated them by adding a tbl spoon of tank water every 20-30 mins for 4 hours and put em in. they nibbled on some algae right away but they pretty much swim in the upper corner of the tank now. they will eat with the other fish and will swim up to my hand and nibble while I'm cleaning. the male will let me pet him. So...the dalmations are pretty but a big zero for algae eating in my tank. I might add a couple more females and see how it goes. I actually like the look of the fish and the startled comments I get. and they seem to play well with the other fish, a definite plus.

unclesalty
03/18/2007, 08:03 AM
Oops, pressed new thread, not reply. This post was in response to a thread about using mollies to clean out hair algae. It seems that most people are having no success with mollies eating their algae and my results are similar..fwiw

Frick-n-Frags
03/18/2007, 08:17 AM
I tried the jet black old school mollies once, just to add that nice color contrast for $0.49, heh. They just hung up in the corner for the most part for me too. They ate great when I fed them.

I might try them again when I have a super low flow setup, like a shroom prop tub or something. maybe there in a little "safe" feeling area, they would do their frickin job. :D