PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my mandarin

mistergerardob
03/18/2007, 09:08 AM
My tank is a 80 gallon, I have between 90 to 100 pounds of live rock. I have the following fish:
a ocellaris clown fish.
yellow tang.
Fairy wrasse.
Wheeler's watchman goby.
royal gramma.
And yesterday I got a mandarin, which I think is my final fish. My tank have 9 months. My problem is that the clown fish is attacking the mandarin, he bited his tale, and then something got in the clown fish mounth, something sticky.
what can I do? Should I try to catch the clown fish? Do you think is something that past with time?

plummike
03/18/2007, 09:20 AM
I had a Tomatoe Clown that got mean with age. Now he lives in my Trigger tank. Some fish seem to get aggressive when they get a little bigger or older. Many get a favorite space and defend it. You may have to give it away ,or try to trade at the LFS.

mistergerardob
03/18/2007, 09:30 AM
I'm very surprise that a ocellaris clownfish can be agressive, mine is a tank bred.
I will be very sad if I had to choose between the mandarin and the clownfish. I was thinking that my biggest problem will be feeding the mandarin, no my clownfish.

davocean
03/18/2007, 10:06 AM
She may have just showed the new guy who's tank it is.
I'd just keep an eye on them to see if it continues.
I'd be more concerned w/ that fairy wrasse for pod competition.
Hope you have a fuge.

mistergerardob
03/18/2007, 01:26 PM
If I move the clown fish out of the main tank, How long will it take for the clown fish to be able to return?
I just saw another attack.

davocean
03/18/2007, 01:46 PM
If it's just bumping I wouldn't stress.
If it's tearing fins, I'd pull the clown, rearrange tank to fool clown into thinking it's the new guy.