PDA

View Full Version : new frag dip procedure?

Zaphod
03/18/2007, 11:32 AM
what is everyones new frag qt procedure?

Znut Reefer
03/18/2007, 03:21 PM
Seachems Reef Dip and Interceptor Or Tropic Marin pro coral cure instead of the Seachems.

BLKTANG
03/18/2007, 03:29 PM
What i do is,take the frag out of water,let stand for 10 minutes,while i inspect with magnifying glass for critters,then in the tank they go.

mc-cro
03/18/2007, 07:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9507263#post9507263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BLKTANG
What i do is,take the frag out of water,let stand for 10 minutes,while i inspect with magnifying glass for critters,then in the tank they go.

that is what I used to do--could be why I just gone dosing for redbugs.

I believe I will be using the TMPCC for a dip, then into QT, then possibly an interceptor dip, and why not some flat worm exit,and or fluke tabs if need be while Im at it. might as well completely steralize them if possible.

Zaphod
03/18/2007, 08:08 PM
do you use a seperate tank for each dip? also how long in each?

Philwd
03/18/2007, 10:45 PM
What znut said. 10 hr Interceptor dip followed by 15 min TMPCC. I do in all in a bucket with a heater. Same water for both dips; half the coral came in half tank water. I've seen some interesting bugs come out and die. No RB or AEFW but some unusual stuff.

Zaphod
03/18/2007, 10:50 PM
so just so i understand correct. 10 hour intercepter then just add the TMPCC to the exact same water for 10 min then add to tank? do you generally aclimate it to the tank then or it should be fine as long as temp are the same?

also what kind of setup do you use for the qt tank size, light, etc

Philwd
03/19/2007, 12:03 AM
Actually I have been adding lots of fish so I've been running 2 fish QT. But that means I have no room for a coral QT right now. So that's why I use the heavy dip regimen.

I let the corals slime up for a couple minutes. Then I place in the bucket with small heater(set to tank temp); half original water half tank. The slime helps them acclimate. After the dips I rinse well in new container of tank water and swish around real good to make sure everything that's hanging on comes off. Then it's a close inspection with magnifying glass. The coral slimes up a bit while I'm doing that so it's ready to go get mounted and then into the display.

gasman059
03/19/2007, 05:29 AM
Hey BLKTANG u just got hit with d bugs correct?
Anyways is going to happen to us all at some point in time or another. DO dip and always dip-(TMPCC+interceptor)

billr
03/19/2007, 05:40 AM
Always dip......

BLKTANG
03/19/2007, 06:31 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9511321#post9511321 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gasman059
Hey BLKTANG u just got hit with d bugs correct?
Anyways is going to happen to us all at some point in time or another. DO dip and always dip-(TMPCC+interceptor)

Yes i did 2nd treatment was yesterday.

I am now gonna try something new suggested in this thread.:cool:

mpoletti
03/19/2007, 08:16 AM
Stupid question. What is TMPCC?

nysbadmk8
03/19/2007, 08:38 AM
Tropic Marin pro coral cure

MiddletonMark
03/19/2007, 10:34 AM
FWIW, I haven't heard of a reliable dip against Montipora nudibranchs ... so despite all this dipping/stress, you still might have issues.

IMO, QT vs. dip. Some things don't seem to be reliably 100% gone with just dips IMO/IME ... and the next pest probably won't be. Both are best, but IMO dips are liable to miss some things [inspection is a great idea!] nevermind add to the new coral's stress.

For all the interest of late in bacterial systems, I'm suprised so many people dip their corals in iodine-based dips.