PDA

View Full Version : Aquacon

Blitz99
03/18/2007, 12:21 PM
does anyone else find the name ironic?

gflat65
03/18/2007, 12:44 PM
I was (aqua)conned several years ago... Odered several small SPS colonies over the phone. They said they had them all in stock and would ship the next day. Got them in and they were what they considered large colonies, so the price tripled from what I was told (when they said everything was in stock as ordered). Nothing made it over night, which spiked my system, killing alot of other stuff. Never got a response from them when I questioned them, so I never dealt with them again. Irony indeed. That was years ago, but it sounds like little has changed from the other posts I've seen about them lately...

Blitz99
03/18/2007, 12:56 PM
i'm kinda wondering if they used that name in a joke way... it's actually funny if they did.

reef fanatic
03/18/2007, 04:10 PM
I think they are transitioning over to qualitymarinelife.com ( from reading other threads) and they are not making that a good name either....... ( checked out fax # at both sites, it is the same).
I sent them an email last week about the name change/different sites, and they did not respond.
Scott

reef fanatic
03/18/2007, 04:10 PM
also aquacon was short for aquatic connection if I am not mistaken

Blitz99
03/18/2007, 08:25 PM
so they say....

Ding2daDong
03/19/2007, 12:21 AM
I purchased there ppe and got these ugly brownish zoanthids. They are about 5 mins from my house and I picked them up. Look in the vendor experiences for my whole thread on them. A load of crap they are. Many people have yet to get there money back. I am returning my zoanthids today and am not leaving until I get a receipt with my money credited to my account. Buyer beware with this company. It's in there name, Aquacon....:rolleyes:

-Matthew