PDA

View Full Version : Another tang? Fish Stock...

kpk
03/18/2007, 06:43 PM
Well I finally got my 220g up and running and now waiting for it to get good and ready to add fish. ATM I have, in various tanks, 3" purple tang, male and female blue throats, 4" yellow tang, swallowtail angel, pair of maroons, a blenny, and a 6" powder blue at a friends house. I want at least one more tang (only a couple more I really like). For one I think I have to have a hippo, maybe 2? Also would like a clown, but don't know about compatibility?

To add another or not too? I have seen many tanks out there with tons of tangs so I know it can be done, but thought I would ask. Should I add all at once or in a few days time?

Thanks,
Kyle

TheSaltwaterGuy
03/18/2007, 07:35 PM
all at once. I'm no expert , but adding tangs at different times can be bad. (they will fight) but do a little more research on it and I'm sure you can pull it off. good luck!

DriftRtist
03/18/2007, 08:41 PM
Well if you already have all those fish just add them at the same time. QT the hippo and throw it in at the same time the other fish go in.

Don't know about that clown tang...hear they are mean. Never had one so can't help you there.

kpk
03/19/2007, 08:43 AM
Ok sounds like I will add one or two more than! Sounds like adding them at the same time is the smartest thing to do.

Now, what other tang should I look at? I like the clown, but are delicate and mean, and I also like the sohal, but have heard bad things of them too. Any suggestions?

mrp2g
03/19/2007, 10:09 AM
Mimic tang or Tomimi tangs are cool and stay relativly small in comparison to others.
Good luck.

kpk
03/19/2007, 10:52 AM
That's sounds good mrp. Anyone else have suggestions?