PDA

View Full Version : Aciii

mcwl
03/18/2007, 11:31 PM
Ijust purchased an ACIII. I have a ATT DSL At home. with the 2wire modem. Have anybody had any luck connecting from the web I spent hours with no luck. any help or direction would be great

mcwl
03/19/2007, 12:24 PM
I think the problem is with the 2wire modem. anybody has experience with this router/modem?

Gremraf
03/19/2007, 01:29 PM
I think the 2wire system sucks. My Mom has it and it is always trouble.

corndogg
03/19/2007, 04:54 PM
The problem is most 2wire modems don't allow you to forward the ip to your aqua controller.

What part of the Aquacontroller are you trying to set up? Email alerts or web login (local network or web login)

mcwl
03/19/2007, 05:00 PM
I can connect locally when I am at home on my network. But I cant get the web connection. I want web access and email alerts.
That was one of the reasons I bought this one. :( Thanks for any help

corndogg
03/19/2007, 05:13 PM
If you can connect locally then there is a possibility it's your router. You must be able to log into your router's setup page and configure it to forward logins to your wan ip through port 80 to the ip of your aquacontroller. I don't think your standard dsl modem has this ability.

The first step is to go to www.whatismyip.com toget your wan ip. Then you would configure your router to forward port 80 request to the ip you set in your aquacontroller. There is a step by step lesson here: http://www.neptunesys.com/hardwareFAQ.htm

corndogg
03/19/2007, 05:18 PM
for email, you need to got to at & t's support page to find out their smtp server info and plug it in to your aquacontroller. I set up an email account just for my aquacontroller and then use the server info to send out the alerts

mcwl
03/19/2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for your help, I will try it.