PDA

View Full Version : New coral

bunkerboy
03/19/2007, 11:43 AM
So i ordered a nano polyp and a nano mushroom pack from Fosters and smith today, it should arrive wednesday. Anything important i should do when they arrive, i have read about freshwater dipping, if so, for how long, ph? Doesn't this add more stress? How long should i leave lights on for after arrival? Is this superglue gel any good for adding it to live rock in my tank, or do i cut it away from rocks that it is on? My tank is a aquapod 12, 16 pounds of live rock, ph8.3, 79 Degrees, salinity is 1.023, no ammonia, no nitrite, slight bit of nitrate. Any suggestions would be helpful. Bunker

AnimaliA
03/19/2007, 12:07 PM
I usually add a few drops of Lugol's to some RO/DI and dip the zoas for 2-3 minutes. Shake the rock under the water and remove and place into a container with fresh saltwater for a few minutes, shake underwater to make sure all the loose particulates are out and place in your tank. It is important for all the water to be the same temp as your tank. The polyps are very hardy, but even tough animals have their stress points.

As for the mushrooms, I do a fresh water dip (no Lugol's) for 2 minutes, shake, place in clean saltwater for 5 minutes, shake and place in tank.

Good luck :)