PDA

View Full Version : H. Crispa

Big Brother
03/20/2007, 10:31 AM
Looking into buying a small sebae anemone for my 30 gallon.

i have 1 175 watt MH 12k bulb

and will soon have 2 T-5 actinics to supplement color.

just need some advice...

hes a sand anemone right? so dig out a little pit for him to attatch to the bottom?

and

what are the chances of a pair of small percs hosting him?

thanks in advance

GSMguy
03/20/2007, 10:51 AM
depends on the clowns and tank of course but they will move into a crispa most of the time
good luck

Big Brother
03/20/2007, 11:05 AM
thanks, what about his placement?

Amphiprion
03/20/2007, 11:56 AM
It will likely locate itself toward the bottom, near or in the sand.

marc price
03/20/2007, 12:50 PM
very good as true perc's are a natural host with h. crispa .
i recently got a small 2.5" sebae which looks like h. crispa , according to the lfs was listed as one from their supplier , wont know for sure till it grows larger . it has good color and it situated itself in the sand from the start . my previous sebae h. crispa had a hint of color on a few tenticles but was otherwise bleached with a translucent white oral disc and tenticles /magenta tips . took a few weeks before it settled in on a spot in the sand and about 3 months to color up . i sold it a few years later to make room for a rbta . i initially had to set up a wedge shaped rock barrier to keep it from drifting away and bouncing all around the tank . i should add that at the lfs , the bleached sebae lingered on the bottom with its stalk not attached or burried in the substrate , whereas the new one was planted in the sand .

raoul
03/20/2007, 03:32 PM
Hopefully you can find a nem in good condition. Ours wasn't, and we had to baricade it in place so it could attach as well.

Good luck!

Big Brother
03/20/2007, 04:48 PM
yeah, i live in san diego so finding a healthy sebae normally isnt too hard.

what should my light cycle be with the 175 w 12k halide?

davocean
03/20/2007, 05:35 PM
I do 10hrs of T5 actinics, and 8 hrs of MH.
Actinics come on one hour b4 and one hour after for warm up and cool down period.