PDA

View Full Version : can someone photoshop this for me???

clowninaround74
03/20/2007, 10:27 PM
i dont have it and have troble taking pics with a bowfront tank. is there any way someone could clean these pics up and make them look a little better??

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l10/rcstudman74/1stcrocea3.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l10/rcstudman74/1stcrocea.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l10/rcstudman74/1stcrocea2.jpg

Thanks

aztbs
03/20/2007, 10:34 PM
Photoshop is excellent for post processing, but it can't make a clear picture out of a blurry one, it will just sharpen up contrast.

Does your camera have a manual focus to allow you to control it a little better. Do you have the ability to custom white balance?

clowninaround74
03/20/2007, 10:35 PM
i have the cannon sd630...but i know its blurry but im new at photography and dont have a tripod

aztbs
03/20/2007, 10:40 PM
It isn't really movement blurry though, it looks like it just focused to the wrong depth. The top back of the clam is clear and the foreground is blurry. Try this out if you are using autofocus:

Aim at the clam and press the button half way to get the camera to auto focus. Keeping the button held in, slowly move the camera toward or away from the glass until you can tell the focus is in the front of the clam, then finish pressing the button. It is like a fake manual focus.

If the clam is too close to the glass, it could be that you are just putting the camera up too close for it to focus. Move back a little if you have to. Take a few that way and see what happens. I can easily color correct in photoshop if the picture is clear.

aztbs
03/20/2007, 10:41 PM
Also shoot as straight through the glass as possible, even if it means propping the clam up for pictures!

clowninaround74
03/20/2007, 10:51 PM
ok sweet thanks for the help!

VoidRaven
03/21/2007, 06:11 AM
If you can save up a little $$$ you could try to get your hands on a copy of Photoshop Elements. It's sort of the "bare bones" version of Photoshop but with the most used tools for basic post processing of images and only runs about $100 (versus $600+ for a full version of Photoshop).

kwl1763
03/21/2007, 07:57 AM
To emphasize a point earlier. Photoshop cannot fix a bad/blurry shot. If you were focused in the wrong area or had to shallow a depth of field or whatever it can't fish that. It's just not possible. It can sharpen already good images and adjust color/contast/brightness etc. but it doesn't fix bad shots!

Bowfronts are extremely difficult to take good pics. You need to make sure you are as perpendicular to the object azs possible so your shooting straight into the subject. If your distortion is limitied to the edges that's Ok but if it's on your subject your in trouble, .

The pics aren't bad. It looks like your shooting significantly downward which will also cause glass distortion. Also it looks as if you DOF might be to low in some of them. parts of the clam in focus and others not.

cybertec69
03/21/2007, 06:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9528726#post9528726 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clowninaround74
i have the cannon sd630...but i know its blurry but im new at photography and dont have a tripod to take any quality shots, especially of a tank, you NEED a tripod.