PDA

View Full Version : wavy sea

steve the plumb
03/21/2007, 07:36 AM
Are they any good.I have a 3/4 sea swirl its a nice unit but very bulky.I would like to know if the wavy is better.Its seems to make a nicer pulse.Is the wavy sea as bulky as the sea swirl.Thanks for any info.

chaffey
03/21/2007, 10:58 PM
The wavysea is a little bit smaller and easy to set up, you can set it at any angle or just let it go 360 degree over and over again. You can also set the speed from 1-6. The thing that I don't like about wavysea is that once the power restart you have to program it again, otherwise it just sit there and it will not rotate.

BigKahuna
03/21/2007, 11:38 PM
I just got one last week and it seems like a quality product. It has various ways to use the mounting bracket but if you are crafty you could probably have just the part of the device with the return elbow hanging over in the tank. If you look at photos, the return elbow on the bottom is part of a circular protrusion in the housing so if you wanted to mount it on the rear of the tank for example you can actually make it so less than about 25% of the thing is over the water. What I did was take only a small part from the mounting bracket and bolt it to the wall behind my 75 and probably only about 1/3 of the thing hangs over the water. I have never owned sea swirl but from photos it looks like you are stuck putting at least 60% of the housing over the water, but I could be wrong. This added to the fact that the wavy's housing is only really 3 inches x 5 inches with a little bump out that the nozzle sits on and it appears smaller that the swirl. You can also rotate the inlet fitting 360 degrees to accommodate any angle for the hose which is nice. Controlling the sweep angle and speed with the digital controller is the best feature by far and sure to warm the hearts of any gadget freak too ;)

-Jerry C.

BigKahuna
03/21/2007, 11:47 PM
This post has some dimensions which give you an idea of the size: showthread.php (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7339713#post7339713) Photos for some reason make it look bigger than it really is.

-Jerry C.