PDA

View Full Version : 1st order not very happy

fish590a
03/21/2007, 12:02 PM
I always order my drygoods from MD not 'till recently I've seen a lot of complains in their forum so I decided to try Drs. F&S. I placed an order for 2 hydor koralia #4 it wasn't on back order when I place the order but when I get my order confirmation I was told it was on back order will get theirshipment 3/5. On 3/14 I called in to check on my order then I was told that they expect them now on 3/19. Again I called today (3/21) to make sure that it was shipped but then again I was told they don't expect them 'till tom. (3/22). It would have been nice if someone contacted me either email or by phone but no I have to call them for me to find out that the shipment is delayed. I'm really disappointed:mad2: , I mean I hear a lot of good things about this place.

dfs/la2
03/21/2007, 12:34 PM
fish590a,

We apologize you were not satisfied with your ordering experience for the Hydor pump #4. There has been a recent recall on the Hydor Pumps models 2 and 3. These recalls have affected the shipments from this manufacture, causing the expected in date to change.

We apologize you were not contacted in regards to the backorder pump. We would be happy to place a credit on your file for your inconvenience if you would like to PM us you account information. Or if you would like to select a different pump, we would be more than happy to place a new order for your alternative selection with free shipping and handling.

Thank you for you patience and giving us the chance to assist you.

Jessica H.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster & Smith

fish590a
03/21/2007, 03:22 PM
thanks Jessica!

MimicTang
03/26/2007, 05:20 PM
I heard it isn't a recall? They cause stray voltage supposedly and are more then happy to replace or "tweak" them

dfs/la2
03/26/2007, 05:59 PM
MimicTang,

Thank you for your question. Our understanding is there was a recall on the Hydor Karalia models 2 and 3. We will check with our merchandising department for any updated information and provide you with the answer.

Pat S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

CaptiveReefSystems
03/27/2007, 12:17 AM
My understanding from speaking with Hydor is that recall is to strong of a word. Not all the #2 and #3 pumps fail. They are covering the ones that do have trouble under the two year warranty.

dfs/la2
03/27/2007, 08:01 AM
MimicTang,

Thank you for your important question regarding the Hydor Karalia 3. We certainly will assist any customers who have purchased the Hydor Karalia #3 pump with the replacement process. The manufacturer has given us the following contact info for our customers: please call Hydor USA Inc at their customer service phone number: 866-493-6787. They have informed us that they would like to speak to all customers involved directly if possible so that they may upgrade their units. If you would like us to personally handle this for you, please do not hesitate to contact us via PM, phone at 1-800-334-3699 or email at techsupport@drsfostersmith.com.

Joyce F.

Tech Support
Drs. Foster & Smith