PDA

View Full Version : Lighting question for 72 bow

splashing
03/21/2007, 10:42 PM
Hi! I'm new to starting a SW tank. I have a 72 bowfront and want to grow sps in the future along with fish, and lots of other kinds of coral. I still have alot of things to buy still for this tank, but want to have good lighting to start out with. I bought a 400w MH light 14k . I was wondering if this would be too much light for a 72 bow? If so I will have to use it for a future larger tank :D Thanks for your help!

splashing
03/21/2007, 10:46 PM
I forgot to mention it's a pendent that hangs from the ceiling over the tank. Thanks for your help:D

PVChick12
03/22/2007, 01:03 AM
i dont think its too much...you wouldnt be the first...thats really only what, 5-6 wpg? just watch out u dont torch any corals like frogspawn or hammers that dont LIKE that kind of high lighting. :)

splashing
03/22/2007, 04:54 AM
Laura thank you!
I would love to have lunar lights for my setup also, but don't know how to go about it with a pendant hanging over my tank? After I'm finish running the 400w for 8-10 hours a day I would like to have the lunar lights on my tank in the evenings and mornings. I was think of buying the T5s with lunar lighting to complete my setup, but was wondering if the Mh hanging above my tank would burn my T5s setup sitting across on top of the tank? When not in use? Sorry for all the questions here. I'm thinking maybe I should have just bought the T5s with lunar lights.

Michelle

splashing
03/22/2007, 06:08 AM
bump!