PDA

View Full Version : Powder Blue Feeding

kl3377
03/22/2007, 05:18 PM
I am looking for suggestions on feeding a Powder Blue Tang. I am currently using sheets of Nori, should there always be some on the clip? or is there an amount per day (it is the only fish that eats it)? I also have some macro in the tank it can pick at, as well as, some Turf Algae on some of my live rock. I feed my other fish a mix of frozen plankton, frozen mysis, flakes, and pellets but it doesn't seem to interested in any of these. I posted a pic, my first, sorry if I screw it up.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/523/146327Blue.JPG

benray4fun
03/22/2007, 06:24 PM
You're right on...leave some on the clip at least every other day and also feed frozen reef variety pack along with others of your choice. The more diverse the diet the better if you can get'm to eat it...:thumbsup:

wpbfishguy
03/22/2007, 06:35 PM
My Powder Blue eats anything and everything that I put in the tank. He will eat just give hime some time.

kl3377
03/22/2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the input. I will probably pick up some Emerald Entree to add to the mix.

Paintbug
03/22/2007, 07:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9545110#post9545110 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wpbfishguy
My Powder Blue eats anything and everything that I put in the tank. He will eat just give hime some time.

same here. at first he would only eat nori, and flakes that where not red. he wouldnt eat nori from a red clip either. still doesnt eat from a red clip!?! but after a few weeks he would any anything i fed the tank as well. but now hes on a frozen foods, and nori diet.

JENnKerry
03/23/2007, 08:59 AM
Mine is an absolute eating machine. It took him awhile to get going, but now there's nothing he wont eat. I've had him for two years this May.