PDA

View Full Version : Amphiprion polymnus

Azial
03/23/2007, 09:12 AM
I have been trying to get a Saddle Brown Clownfish for a while and can never seem to get one. Is there an issue with collection for this species? I signed up for your notification service and never see them come in. Any ideas if it's an issue of collection or are they are purely seasonal?

Secondly, it says it's aggressive to "con specifics", my understanding is that it's aggressive to those of similar families (False Perc, Maroon) but not it's own? Or should this be housed singly or in a mated pair?

Finally, the information on mixing clowns seems confusing on your site. Can you mix multiple species or is in singly held/mated pair of a single species that's recommended.

I apologize for the question in advance but it will affect my next fish order and I want to be responsible about the order.

dfs/la2
03/23/2007, 09:48 AM
Azial,

We apologize as of late we have been able to obtain Saddle Brown Clownfish that have met our strict health standards. This species is prone to Brooklynella, also known as Clownfish disease. All of our clownfish go through a detailed quarantined period and are observed for signs of this disease. We are unable to give you a time frame as to when the Saddle Brown Clownfish will be released from this process.

This wild caught clownfish would be ideally housed in a pair or singly. We would not recommend housing this fish with other clownfish. This is true for all wild caught clowns. Our recommendation for tank bred clownfish does differ from wild caught. If introduced to the aquarium at the same time, many varieties of tank bred clowns can be maintained together.

We hope you find this information beneficial and cleared up any confusion. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our LiveAquaria department at 1-800-334-3699 or via email at customerservice@liveaquaria.com.

Jessica H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

criccio
03/24/2007, 01:30 PM
Whether wild-caught or captive-bred, clownfish species should not be mixed. You can keep a single, or if you would like to try to groom a pair, get two very small ones, or, one large and one small, and let nature take it's course.

LiveAquaria does often sell pairs, so check back with them often.