PDA

View Full Version : How often to feed LPS?

jafoca
03/23/2007, 07:24 PM
How often can I feed my LPS to get optimal growth? I am feeding mostly selcon enriched cyclopeze. Feeding mostly blastos and acans.

Can I feed them every night, and will it significantly increase growth?

Thanks

ek9vboi
03/23/2007, 10:33 PM
nothing. lights help my corals grown... that and water changes.

drummereef
03/24/2007, 12:04 AM
I have a frogspawn and candy canes. I don't direct feed them anything. Just light and fish poopy. :)

ENraged
03/24/2007, 08:20 AM
I feed my LPS Monday-Friday once a day mysis krill and cyclopeeze mix.

gosaints
03/24/2007, 08:50 AM
i feed my micro, duncan, and echino frags almost every day(5-6 times a week)and they are growing pretty fast

gofish
03/24/2007, 08:46 PM
I direct feed a couple times a week. I have all different kinds of LPS. Most seem to love it, but the hammer, torch, and frogspawn aren't big fans of direct feeding and do great in the tank anyway. I feed a mix of different foods, including cyclopeeze, mysis, brine, and bloodworms.

frederickk
03/25/2007, 08:20 AM
I never feed them and they are growing well. I had them for two years now.

keaton
03/25/2007, 11:09 AM
I feed approx. 3 times a week.... or when i have time.

gofish
03/25/2007, 12:36 PM
Just wondering, for those who do not feed the LPS directly, how often do you feed your whole tank? Do you see the feeding response at that time? My husband's tank is feed in that way with no direct feeding of corals. I have to keep my nutrient levels lower in my tank, so I direct feed my corals when I actually feed the tank.

killagoby
03/25/2007, 09:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9566213#post9566213 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gofish
Just wondering, for those who do not feed the LPS directly, how often do you feed your whole tank? Do you see the feeding response at that time? My husband's tank is feed in that way with no direct feeding of corals. I have to keep my nutrient levels lower in my tank, so I direct feed my corals when I actually feed the tank.

I don't direct feed my LPS's in my 29 gallon. I feed them a cube of Hikari Rotifers about 5 times a week, and Cyclops-Eeze about 1 to 2 times a week. I just disolve it in H2O then use a small pipette to spray a small amount on to the top of the tank. My SCWD circulates the H2O in my tank about every 10 seconds, then I see the feeding response. That is when I start to feed the tank more. Once my corals are in a good feeding cycle they will open up on the nights that they want to get fed. I've never had problems with high levels of toxins. I do a 4 gallon H2O change about every 3 weeks, and the tank has a 10 gallon fuge on it.