PDA

View Full Version : Yumas - Where do you buy yours?

JeffReef
03/24/2007, 12:02 AM
I've been looking at a few online store for some nice yumas. I came across Farms Of TheSea and found their prices reasonable. Has anyone bought their yumas from them?

Where else can I go? I don't want to pay $60 to $90 per polyp.

pdlgirl1972
03/24/2007, 04:52 AM
I have purchased from liveaquaria.com many, many times. They only have a few pieces at the moment but keep checking the the Diver Den section. I like to purchase from them because of their 14 and 30 day guarantee on their corals, which is key for wild Yumas.
I am out in the boonies and pet stores are over 150 miles away, but since you are in CA, I would bet your LFS could get what ever you wanted.

ntfish
03/24/2007, 06:34 PM
Farms of the Sea has a cool website, I'm just not sure if they are still operating. The site has not changed at all in the last four months that I have been keeping track. I tried emailing and my email was returned as undeliverable. I have not found any other contact info on the site i.e. phone number. Unfortunately, I don't know of another place that offers similar pricing.

Scott

chrisstie
03/24/2007, 07:32 PM
I've been very temped to order from ****************** (i have in the past just not yumas in particular) ..

My LFS gets some of the nicest ones in I've ever seen and will be venturing into the online store front soon.

I've also perused places like **********.com i think reefscience.com and even frags.org to see whats for sale as well as the selling forum here and have seen beautiful specimens from them all.. just so hard with a budget and so many beautiful corals.

hope these help :) - I have found a lot just from the banner ads RC has some are really cool online stores

bigdaddyadam
03/24/2007, 10:17 PM
same question here, I have been wanting to order from farms of the sea but not sure if they are still in business.....anyone order from them recently? are they still up?

smariner
03/27/2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for mentioning us chrisstie, we greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again,
Chad D. Bryant
--

Fish'InMN
03/27/2007, 10:17 PM
Look locally first, to clubs and other reefers, then look here on the selling/trading forums, and last I would look at retailers. Its the difference between a yuma you have seen in someone's tank personally for $5-$10 (or a frag), a yuma you've seen in a picture online for $20, or a description and outdated photo of a similar piece for $40. I just bought "4" yumas from a member here and ended up with 9 when all pieces were accounted for, all for $100.

Just my experience.
Marty

All Delight
03/28/2007, 01:05 AM
LFS, but atlantis has some nice ones every now and then. Nothing special right now.

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/LPSofties4.html

geoxman
03/28/2007, 06:53 PM
I will only get/buy 2nd generation captive aqua cultered yumas-good luck

kiknchikn
03/29/2007, 09:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9593882#post9593882 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by geoxman
I will only get/buy 2nd generation captive aqua cultered yumas-good luck

That's what I'm trying to do as well, but it's turning out to be a little pricey to do so. It sure sucks having a strict budget :(

All Delight
03/29/2007, 09:22 PM
captive raised are typically more expensive, but much more safer.