PDA

View Full Version : adding clown fairy with pair of exquisite fairys. help?

Chad Vossen
03/24/2007, 11:47 AM
i have a 65 gal with two exquisite fairys established and a pair of clownfish. i knew that the female clown would bully any new fish so i moved her to the quarantine tank. i also figured the male fairy would beat up on the new fairy so i moved him also.
well i added the new fairy and to my surprise, the 1.5 inch juvinile exquisite started to attack my 2 inch clown fairy. so i moved the exquisite to the other tank...

right now i think i will just leave the new wrasse in its new home to get familiar, then next week add the other fish back.
i have rearranged the rocks to break up territories.

well, im interested to know if anyone thinks this will work. i know its possible to mix fairys and flashers and keep harems and such. but i also know that certain fairys cant be mixed with similar colored fairys (though i think my fairys look nothing alike).

what do y'all think about my situation? will i just have to wait till next week to add the original fish back and hope for the best? does anyone think these fish cant be mixed (alot of people thought i wouldnt be able to mix two exquisites, and now i have a pair!).
thankyou.

EdKruzel
03/24/2007, 01:07 PM
The general rule said you have a good chance of being successful, too bad the fish can't read the general rule.

Good Luck...