PDA

View Full Version : Powder blue, and another Powder or achilles?

kpk
03/24/2007, 01:29 PM
This is probably the stupidest question asked yet, but is there anyway for this to work? I'm sure there isn't a feasible, logical way, but thought I'd ask. I have a powder blue (not in the tank yet), and thought about an achilles, but told my girlfriend no way. Then thought hey doesn't hurt to ask...

Thanks,
Kyle

frederickk
03/24/2007, 01:35 PM
Even with a large tank like yours I would have to say NO WAY. They are probably the two most aggresive tang so imagine them together.

The achilles will be the most dominant at the end.

BrianD
03/24/2007, 01:36 PM
Kyle, I would recommend strongly that you not attempt the achilles. They are very delicate fish with specific requirements, and their survival record is very poor.

Be aware that the powder blue tang's survival record isn't much better.

kpk
03/24/2007, 01:45 PM
Well I won't even think about it then!

Brian I have read up on both and I couldn't pass up this pbt. I got him from a vendor that had just gotten him in. He's about 6" long, great color, super fat and thick, eats like a hog and have had him for about a month in qt. Hopefully eveything goes well with him.
How about a sohal would htey fight up a storm? Or a clown maybe? I think I have the setup and quite a bit of experience..

lee140
03/24/2007, 02:03 PM
yea, i used to have a powder brown and the guy used to smack everyone around with his tail... the two tang together just doesn't sound like a good idea, but if you were to introduce them at the same time, maybe it'll work out.

frederickk
03/24/2007, 02:11 PM
It will work at the beggining but on the long road problems will arise.

TheSaltwaterGuy
03/24/2007, 02:16 PM
I would not put a Sohal or an Achilles in with the Powder Blue. Sohals are very aggressive and Clowns need exensive care for their survival. You could probably get a Hippo Tang, Chevron, or my favorite, a Lieutenant Tang!

BrianD
03/24/2007, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't consider mixing acanthurus species, especially fish as aggressive as sohal tangs and especially the clown tang.