PDA

View Full Version : I think I found a nudi! Or coral killing slime?

GuOD
03/24/2007, 07:43 PM
So I had a big white spot on my purple haze monti and wasn't sure why. Anyway, I noticed that the white mark was a trail from the base of the rock and at the end there's this slimy thing! Is this a nudi? How do I remove it? Can it hurt me? Does it look like this made the white trail?

http://i3.*******.com/2ir7zg3.jpg

GuOD
03/24/2007, 08:03 PM
Anyone? I'd like to get this thing out asap if possible. Can I just take my coral out of the water and have at it with a knife? Can this coral be out of water for 5 mins or so? In a bowl maybe? Will that thing hurt me?

Thanks!

REEFRHEAD
03/24/2007, 08:28 PM
the thing you have circled looks like a huge flatworm to me he is eating your coral take the coral out and take a razorblade to his *** and get every single piece of him off them dip the coral in tmpcc and put back into tank

P.S. the thing can make its mantle look like the coral so that why i say the whole thine is a flatworm even though it looks like the coral polyps spots and everthing

GuOD
03/24/2007, 08:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9562142#post9562142 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REEFRHEAD
the thing you have circled looks like a huge flatworm to me he is eating your coral take the coral out and take a razorblade to his *** and get every single piece of him off them dip the coral in tmpcc and put back into tank

P.S. the thing can make its mantle look like the coral so that why i say the whole thine is a flatworm even though it looks like the coral polyps spots and everthing

Thanks. I decided to just go at it with a pointy knife. I gouged it all out of that little area and scraped it away. Hopefully I got all of it. I don't know how it could survive my gouging.

I knew it was for sure something because when I look a bit later (before cutting) it formed two huge holes like it was filter feeding or something.

Hopefully that will be the end of it. I'll need to take pics again in a few days.

LeslieH
03/24/2007, 10:21 PM
If another one shows up could you try to get it off undamaged & take a pic of it? It wouldbe great if we had a visual record of what it was. Flatworms - if that's what it was - can simply be brushed off or blown off with a turkey baster. What you mentioned about the big holes sounds odd for a flatworm.

SDguy
03/24/2007, 10:30 PM
Big holes sounds like sponge to me.