PDA

View Full Version : BTA took a walk

afgoa2
03/25/2007, 07:42 PM
My BTA took a walk today. Not sure why. I have had it for 2 years and it has been very happy in its location. We did a larger water change than normal today, not sure if this could have caused it to move. Not sure if I should try to move it back. My pair of clowns are not very happy about it as they have a batch of eggs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Slakker
03/25/2007, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't try to move it...this will likely cause more stress for the anemone. It's possible that your water change did affect it, but there could be some other factors.

redvipe2010
03/25/2007, 10:45 PM
Most likely if the Large water change was the only thing that has change, it was enough to make the anemone want to move. How big is this anemone? Two years in the same spot, may be large enough for a split. Unfortunate for the clowns though. I would not move it, let it do its own thing.

afgoa2
03/26/2007, 03:55 PM
It has now taken up home next to my Ridge Hammer and Torch Coral. Will they have issues. It is almost touching my Torch. I am trying to move what corals I can (not sure if my blue mushrooms are going to make it) but the Hammer is to large to move any where else. We build everything around the BTA and most items have been epoxied to the rocks.

Purple Penguins
03/26/2007, 04:02 PM
was my understanding that the Hammer is very aggressive, if that is the case you will have issues with them stinging each other and someone is going to lose

afgoa2
03/26/2007, 04:11 PM
That's what I was afraid of. He is not small. Not quite as large as the BTA. The BTA is about 10" when fully opened. He deflated when I moved the rock with the Mushrooms on it and he has himself in a cave that even if I wanted to move him I would not be able to without tearing the whole rockwork down.