PDA

View Full Version : Incredible seagrass bed and coral photos

graveyardworm
03/26/2007, 10:27 AM
If anyone hasnt seen this yet you have to see what Chuck aka. charlesr1958 has put together on his website. It is simply amazing.

Reef tour (http://home2.pacific.net.ph/~sweetyummy42/reeftour.html)

piercho
03/26/2007, 10:38 PM
I like that he focuses on his little patch of ocean, and includes all the zones between the shore and the dropoff. I have done no tropical diving except for the Carribean and this kind of description that is accompanied by diagrams and pictures helps me a lot to envision the environment. The rubble zone he describes matches fairly well to my vision for my next tank.

Just wanted to give your thread a knod and a bump. Its a worthwhile website, especially for those considering biotope tanks.

yrema
03/26/2007, 11:39 PM
david> wow, thanks for posting the link, very informative. oh and by the way, some areas before the reef is either covered by caulerpa and halimenya, instead of kelp. (Batangas area) And cheatomorpha algae are mostly found in the shallow sea grass patches of the beach. :)

graveyardworm
03/27/2007, 10:23 AM
I have asked in another forum if Charles could possibly list some of the corals he sees in the seagrass areas if any. Invaluable information for people like myself trying to create biotope displays. He did post a list, but also indicated that the Reef Tour link will be updated with more photos and descriptions. Its great that Charles is taking the time to do this.

graveyardworm
03/28/2007, 03:51 PM
Bumping so that hopefully everyone gets a look.