PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Tree Coral - Aquacultured

dzhuo
03/27/2007, 05:04 PM
i heard you are the best: honest, fair and great customer service... so when it comes to corals, i want to give you a try... regarding the lemon tree coral (aquacultured):

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=2597

is that just basically referred to as a kenya tree or is it different? it looks pretty good from the picture you have there but can you provide any picture where it's actually in the tank?

thanks!

dfs/la2
03/27/2007, 05:37 PM
dzhuo,

Thank you for your compliments for our company. We are checking with our Aquaculture Facility to determine this coral’s relation to a Kenya Tree and determine if any additional pictures are available. We will post under this thread tomorrow once we have ascertained this information.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

dzhuo
03/27/2007, 06:00 PM
sounds good nate!

dfs/la2
03/28/2007, 09:38 AM
dzhuo,

Thank you for your inquiry and compliments regarding our customer service. The Lemon Tree coral is a member of Neopspongodes sp while the Kenya Tree coral is a member of Capnella spp. Both corals are soft corals. The Neospongodes are very similar to the Capnella however are smaller in height and have less branching. The Capnella grows quickly under bright indirect lighting and a gentle flow rate. Placing them out in the open at the bottom of the aquarium is recommended. The Kenya Tree coral is considered a hardy coral. The Neospongodes requires moderate lighting and a higher water flow. This coral should also be placed near the bottom of the aquarium, however it is not considered as hardy as the Capnella. Both corals would benefit from supplemental feedings of phytoplankton and baby brine shrimp. We are supplying a picture of a Gold and Purple Lemon Tree coral we sold through Diver’s Den a few days ago that should give you a good idea of what this coral will look like when more mature. Please use the following link to view this beautiful coral:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=208654

Please contact us with any further questions as we are always glad to help our customers make educated purchasing decisions.

Donna Z.
LiveAquaria Supervisors
Drs. Foster & Smith

dzhuo
03/28/2007, 01:49 PM
that looks really good! i am definitely getting one. one last question: do they generally ship ok?

thanks!

dfs/la2
03/28/2007, 02:06 PM
Dzhuo,

Thank you for your post. The lemon Tree Coral general ships in good condition. Some loss of slime coating may be observed, though customers report that after acclimation this coral adjusts well. If you have any additional questions please let us know and we hope this shipping information helps you with your purchasing decision.

Cassie Z.
Drs. Foster and Smith
LiveAquaria

dzhuo
03/29/2007, 11:50 AM
couple more questions:

1. if i want to feed the coral to supplement the lighting, what product do you recommend feeding it? and how often?
2. is it possible to ask for a exact ship date when i place my order? i want to be at home when the shipment arrive so i can take care of it.

thanks!

dfs/la2
03/29/2007, 01:21 PM
dzhuo,

Thank you for showing additional interest in the care of this coral. You may target feed the Lemon Tree Coral 1-2 times weekly with a quality invertebrate food. When placing your order, you may set a delivery date within a week or two in advance. The exception to this would be Divers’ Den items, which must ship within 48 hours of ordering. We hope this information will assist you in planning for this coral.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

dzhuo
03/29/2007, 05:24 PM
i am in san francisco, CA. if i place an order monday (april 2), can i expect the coral to be arrive before (or on) friday (april 6)?

thanks!

dfs/la2
03/29/2007, 05:43 PM
dzhuo,

If an order is placed on a Monday before 9:30 AM (8:30 am for eTropicals), it would ship the same day for delivery the next day, which is Tuesday, as long as the item is in stock and available to ship. Orders placed after this deadline would be scheduled to ship the next business day, Tuesday, for Wednesday delivery. You may specify a specific ship date on your order if you prefer it to ship later. If you have any further questions about LiveAquaria or any other aspect of our company, feel free to call us at 1-800-334-3699 or email us at customerservice@drsfostersmith.com.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

dzhuo
03/29/2007, 06:22 PM
thanks for the help Nate!

dzhuo
04/02/2007, 12:22 PM
hi,
i just placed my order and the order # is: A2547142. do you know when will the coral arrive so i can prepare for it? i want to make sure i am home with it arrives.

thanks!

dfs/la2
04/02/2007, 12:42 PM
Dzhuo,

Thank you for placing your first order with us! Our records show your order is scheduled to ship from our Aquatic Facility in Wisconsin tomorrow 4/3 for delivery on Wednesday 4/4. When your order ships, you will receive an email notification with your tracking information.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our LiveAquaria department at 1-800-334-3699.

Jessica H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

dzhuo
04/02/2007, 12:54 PM
thanks!

invincible569
04/02/2007, 03:15 PM
great pic. Showing a real picture has sold me on this coral as well.

dzhuo, post a pic when you get it in. I would like to see it. I plan to get mine shipped by Sat.

dzhuo
04/02/2007, 04:20 PM
no problem. i will take picture when it comes in. post your picture as well when you got yours :)

dzhuo
04/04/2007, 08:55 PM
the package arrived around 1pm and after i drip acclimation it, i put it in my tank:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/dzhuo/10g/lemontreecoral-04-04.jpg

it hasn't open up yet though but hopefully it will soon...

thanks!

invincible569
04/05/2007, 04:44 AM
when it opens up, it should look better. take another pic today. :)

dzhuo
04/05/2007, 09:25 AM
so after one night, i woke up this morning to check on it and it looks exactly the same as i initially put it in my tank, ie, there is no sign of life yet. no PE or anything. i have never had a coral that takes so long to show PE. most of anything i got will show something within a couple of hours in the tank. anyway, i am a little concern but not in panic mode yet. i am going to wait until this evening (for a complete 24 cycle) to see what happen. i will post picture later today.

dfs/la2
04/05/2007, 12:36 PM
dzhuo,

Thank you for the update regarding your coral. We truly appreciate your efforts to keep us posted. After shipping it is not uncommon for the polyps of corals to not extend right away, as the specimen is still acclimating to your aquarium. Once you receive your coral we recommend acclimating your corals to the lighting in your personal aquarium. The day you receive your beautiful new coral please leave your lighting turned off for at least 10 hours. On the second day we suggest turning your lighting on for half the normal amount of time you have your photoperiod. Each day thereafter please increase the time by an additional hour until you are back to your regular time. This will help ensure your corals safe adjustment to it’s new home.

Though your coral has a 30-day warranty at this time we have extended your warranty for an additional week. If you have any additional concerns with this coral please feel free to contact us at 1-800-334-3699, we are very happy to assist you further.

Have a great day!

Michelle H.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

dzhuo
04/05/2007, 12:40 PM
wow, i am very impressive with your customer service. i will post picture later when i get home.

thanks!

dzhuo
04/05/2007, 09:11 PM
it's looking better now. it has stand up a little bit:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/dzhuo/10g/lemontreecoral-04-05.jpg

i will post picture in a week. thanks!

invincible569
04/06/2007, 04:35 AM
Im waiting to see that yellow. This one looks like the purple passion which is the one I already have.

They are right though.. it takes a good week or so for it to fully extend out. Then we should be able to see all its colors.

dzhuo
04/06/2007, 11:52 AM
i am actually looking for the yellow version as well. both the on site picture and the in tank picture in this thread shows the yellow version.

Drs,
do i need to specify the yellow version when i place my order? if so, i certainly don't know that! :(

dfs/la2
04/06/2007, 12:54 PM
Dzhuo,

The color of the Lemon Tree Coral we offer can range from yellow, tan, or gold. If you would like to receive the yellow coloration of this coral we would recommend informing the Customer Service representative of the specific color you are interested in, they will add notes to your order.

If you prefer placing the order over the internet there is a section at the end of the order for “Notes for this Order”, please add a note specifying which color you prefer.

However, depending on what coloration we have in stock at that time we can not guarantee you will receive the specific color you requested.

We hope you find this information helpful and look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Jessica H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

invincible569
04/06/2007, 01:49 PM
Glad I didnt order mine just yet. I would of probably of received the same coral if they cant guarantee which one we get. hmmm.

Do you guys have any of the yellow one in stock?

dfs/la2
04/06/2007, 02:34 PM
invincible569,

We have spoke to our Aquaculture Coral & Marine Life Facility for detailed information regarding the Lemon Tree Coral. These specific corals offered as item number 47001 will all have the same coloration: yellow exoskeleton with tan and gold polyps. When different parent colonies are collected and fragged variations in shades of color may occur. The photo on our site is the coloration we are aquaculturing at our facility at this time.

We apologize we do not offer an all yellow color form of this coral, and for any confusion this may have caused anyone.

Jessica H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

dzhuo
04/06/2007, 02:50 PM
Hi Jessica,
so are you saying the one i have received do in fact have the "yellow exoskeleton with tan and gold polyps" ? if so, i am happy as long as the skin is yellow but from the picture i have posted, the skin doesn't look yellow at all. i am not aware that i must specify the color variation when i placed my order given that the onsite as well as the in tank picture you posted both have the yellow skin.

thanks!
david

dfs/la2
04/06/2007, 03:26 PM
Dzhuo,

Lighting will play a large role in the coloration of your coral. The coral that is pictured on our site is under 20K 400 Watt Metal Halides. This specific type of lighting will in fact enhance the yellow coloration of this coral.

We have just obtained information from our Aquaculture Coral & Marine Facility that they have indeed one yellow Lemon Tree Coral (yellow exoskeleton with tan and yellow polyps) available for shipment next week if you are available for delivery.

If you could please PM us with your contact information we would be more than happy to send you this specimen at no additional charge.

Jessica H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

dzhuo
04/06/2007, 03:45 PM
awesome customer service, i totally don't expect this. you have by far the best CS i have ever seen anywhere. you got PM!

DFS/LA1
04/06/2007, 04:00 PM
Dzhuo,

We appreciate your response and your enthusiasm for the lemon tree coral! We really strive to provide the best customer service and we are always pleased to hear that our customers are happy. Please let us know if you have any additional questions and have a great weekend!

Kris W.
LiveAquaria Supervisor
Drs. Foster and Smith

invincible569
04/09/2007, 06:54 PM
Do you guys still have the one with the yellow exoskeleton?

dfs/la2
04/09/2007, 07:27 PM
invincible569,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have checked with our Aquaculture Coral & Marine Facility and we do have a number of Lemon Tree Corals with yellow exoskeletons available. These can be ordered through the link below:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=2597&N=0

Have a great evening!

Cassie Z.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

invincible569
04/09/2007, 07:30 PM
Cassie, nevermind I was about to order a blue spot angel you guys just put up in the Divers Den within the hour and when I refreshed it was gone. I was going order these together. I'll keep checking back.

dzhuo
05/06/2007, 06:10 PM
Cassie,
what do you recommand to supplement feeding this coral?

thanks!

dfs/la2
05/06/2007, 06:36 PM
Dzhuo,

We appreciate the opportunity to help with your questions. The Lemon Tree Coral mainly relies on its symbiotic algae for food, however the coral’s diet can be further supplemented with microplankton and marine snow to help ensure optimal growth.

Mike S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

dzhuo
05/06/2007, 07:59 PM
any particular kind (that you carry) of microplankton you recommand?

dfs/la2
05/06/2007, 08:54 PM
dzhuo,

Thank you for your inquiry. Any liquid invertebrate food would be fine and the choice would be personal preference. A few selections would be MarineSnow by Two Little Fishies or Kent Marine invertebrate foods. The MarineSnow is known as the customer favorite, while, all the Kent Marine liquid invert foods are on special.

Gwen S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith