PDA

View Full Version : How is Solaris trying to set up new 150gal

lovefish2
03/28/2007, 09:29 PM
I am not too new to the hobby but I have always had a small tank and finally got tired of playing with myself and went with a 150gal oceanic rr. I just purchased a aquaclear skimmer and 2 mag nine drives for my sump. Speaking of sump I am getting one built. Iam so impatient. But enough of the rambling I wanted to know if anyone has tried that new Solaris LED lighting system or heard from anyone that has one. I am very interested in trying this out. Thanks

Lotus99
03/28/2007, 09:38 PM
I know there are a few threads on the Equipment forum, some of them long and detailed. You could go browse and see some of the experiences. The main thing I got from the threads I read is that they're a great fixture, but expensive (that's what those who actually bought them seem to say).

I'm considering one, too, just still thinking about it. We're still a way off from adding corals, so there's still time for us to decide.

lovefish2
03/28/2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks so much that helps out a lot. They seem to be so nice and I read the PFO site where they were comparing it to the metal hallides and it blew them out the water. I know its expensive but they say you wont need a chillers so after factoring that expense it comes out to be almost the same. Thanks for the info..

lovefish2
03/28/2007, 10:08 PM
If anyone knows anything more please let me know..

dippin61
03/29/2007, 12:54 PM
IMO, still too new of a technology for our systems, and not what it could be after some more R&D.

at this time, not worth the money IMO.