PDA

View Full Version : How to Make it stick (Zoanthids I mean)

Phatty42081
03/29/2007, 08:29 AM
Ok So yesterday a friend at the lfs gave me this one little zoanthid that was floating around the bottom of the tank. the quetion is how do i get it to stick to a rock? i was told zap gel, problem being nobody around here carries the stuff the poor little thing is sitting in a cup on top of the tank. is there any kind of super glue or anyting i can use from the hardware store instead of ordering this zap gel stuff online. i dont want the little guy to die while waiting for the zap gel to arrive.

TitansFan
03/29/2007, 08:33 AM
Just about any super glue gel should work fine. I always just get whats on sale and never had a problem. Make sure its gel though as the other stuff is too runny. It will be fine to glue the zoanthid to a rock outside your tank as well then put it back in.

Phatty42081
03/29/2007, 08:43 AM
thanks! i actual just found a thread entitile "superglue?" and they said the same

rick s
03/29/2007, 09:17 AM
For the best chance of success: Start with a dry rock, put your zoa, bottom side down, on a paper towel to dry off its bottom.

Next, put a dot of super glue gel on the rock where you're going to put the zoa.

Then, place the zoa on that dot of glue and gently apply pressure on it for 60 seconds.

That has always worked for me.