PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tip anemone

giambi4343
03/29/2007, 07:21 PM
i bought a bta about a week ago. everything is fine with it exept 1 thing. it only opens and becomes its full size(8-9 inches) at night when the moon lights are on. i have a 95 gallon tank with 3.5 watts per gallon. he is placed near the top of my tank, about 4-6 inches from the top of the tank. i have metal halides. is this normal for a bta and is there anything i can do to help it? i also have a percula clown and it hasnt hosted with the anemone yet. when will it start hosting usually?

tpdpercula
03/29/2007, 07:58 PM
What kind of lights did they have on it at the LFS? It might just be adjusting to the lights. Try feeding it and give it some time.

a1amap
03/29/2007, 09:12 PM
Mine took about a week to fully open.
AL

giambi4343
03/30/2007, 10:19 AM
i think at my lfs had VHO or PC lighting. do i have to worry about him tho.

cschweitzer
03/30/2007, 01:08 PM
That is probably why...adjusting to lighting.

Could really be one of a number of things, but this seems to occur a lot with upgrades. Does he hide under a rock during the day? Color is a good indication...does it look at all bleached? As long as it is still coming out and getting full regardless of time, chances are it is not too unhealthy if at all...which is a very good thing. Nothing could picking on/at it during the day, as many animals feed by daylight.

giambi4343
03/30/2007, 01:17 PM
no it doesnt hide during the day. is is just slightly opened and sometimes his tentacles are not out. he is a neon greenish color, so he is not beached.

RedSonja
03/30/2007, 01:19 PM
I agree it is adjusting to your lights. Even good improvements can cause stress. You're feeding it, right? ;)

It make take awhile for the clown to host or it might never do so.

-Sonja